With the current gradual weather change in Bahrain, you might experience cold winds and decreased ambient humidity. These two factors tend to accentuate the dryness of the skin.
If you are wondering what to do to keep your skin healthy during the changing weather, here are some easy-to-follow tips that might help.
1. Use lukewarm water instead of very hot or very cold water.
2. Use mild soaps that are pH balanced. If you have very dry skin then you may use olive oil or coconut oil on the body before taking a bath. If the skin is very dry, you may skip a soap altogether.
3. Ensure you drink plenty of water. Keep a bottle handy so that you constantly sip on water.
4. Start using a moisturiser regularly. If the skin is very dry, body butter may be suitable. During these months you can use a light moisturiser.
5. When you start wearing warm clothes and woollens, try and wear a layer of cotton under the woollens. Many people tend to get allergic rashes on contact with wool. Try and use cotton filled blankets. Fleece blankets trap dust and can cause allergies.
Along with these, always choose products according to your skin type. For healthy skin never skip sunscreen. Any symptoms of any skin disease should be handled by an expert.