Team Bahrain once again tops the world of mixed martial arts with a total of 10 medals won at the Senior International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) World Championships held in Abu Dhabi featuring over 50 nations.
Out of the 10 senior medals, six were gold medals. This means that Team Bahrain has six amateur world champions consisting of three women and three men.
Reigning champions Sabrina Sousa and Ramazan Gitinov became two-time world champions and are now joined by four other Bahrainis, namely Aieza Ramos, Beatriz Consuli, Kurban Idrisov, and Rasul Magomedov.
Also counting for the total medal count, Raiane Guimaraes earned a silver medal, while Fabiola Silva, Sultan Omarov, and Pasha Kharkhachaev won bronze medals.
Together with the Junior competitions, the Kingdom of Bahrain also won four additional medals – two silver and two bronze.
MEDAL TALLY – TEAM BAHRAIN – IMMAF WORLDS JUNIOR & SENIOR
- Women’s Strawweight – Aieza Ramos
- Women’s Flyweight – Beatriz Consuli
- Women’s Featherweight – Sabrina Sousa
- Men’s Lightweight – Kurban Idrisov
- Men’s Welterweight – Ramazan Gitinov
- Men’s Heavyweight – Rasul Magomedov
- Women’s Bantamweight – Raiane Guimaraes
- Junior Flyweight – Mohamed Alsameea
- Junior Light Heavyweight – Gadzhi Gaziev
- Women’s Strawweight – Fabiola Silva
- Men’s Middleweight – Sultan Omarov
- Men’s Super Heavyweight – Pasha Kharkhachaev
- Junior Bantamweight – Murad IbragimovJunior Lightweight – Gimbat Magomedov