The month of love. It’s that time of the year where as a singleton, you fear for being an outcast and if you are romantically involved you fear for your wallet!
Here are some practical tips on surviving this month, whatever your status may be.
- Organize a movies night with your other single friends. This way you are all having fun together.
- If you are indeed the only lonely heart, treat yourself to a spa pamper, or chill on the couch with your favourite novel. This can be a great time to do things for yourself that you always feel too guilty doing.
- Make a list of all the reasons its great to be single. (Lounging in pyjamas at midday, anyone?)
- Alternately, if you are in a new relationship, don’t dive straight into grand romantic gestures. Keep it thoughtful, recreating your first date is simple and fun.
- Steer clear of it turning into a material warfare. Focus on the person, not how much you think you should spend. A hand written letter of how awesome you think they are much more romantic in a digitally overrun age.
Wishing everyone a relaxed and fun filled Valentines. And remember to always love yourself first!