WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT IT:
Asparagus is a wonderful source of folate and vitamins A, C and K. Asparagus is also a good source of inulin, a dietary fiber that can help control hunger and manage weight. Inulin also works as a prebiotic and can help stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the digestive system. This delicious and simple recipe is from Healthy Chef Recipe App.
- 60ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 600g (21 oz) asparagus, ends trimmed and lightly peeled
- 200g (7 oz) feta, sliced
- Combine olive oil, lemon, parsley and chives into a small mixing bowl
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and taste for seasoning
- Whisk until combined then set the dressing aside
- Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute in boiling water then remove with a slotted spoon. You can also steam them by putting the asparagus into a large pan with a generous splash of water, then covering the pan for 2 to 3 minutes until just tender
- Arrange asparagus onto a serving plate
- Top with fine slices of feta and drizzle over the gorgeous herb and lemon dressing
NOTES + INSPIRATION: This salad can be eaten warm or cold. If you’re serving cold, it’s important to refresh and cool the blanched asparagus in iced water when you remove it from the boiling pot as this will help retain the magnificent green color.
Any left over asparagus can be thrown into an impromptu omelette made with free-range eggs and garden herbs. You can use sliced avocado in place of feta, and top with peeled and halved, hard boiled eggs with a drizzle of olive oil and grated Parmesan.
Originally created from here.