Determined to make 2020 your health & fitness year? HV Holistic tells you how to succeed!
The New Year is upon us, and after the usual festive celebrations and overindulgences of the end of 2019, January is the ideal time to decide how you want the next 365 days to look for you. Albert Einstein allegedly once said, “the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results”, and when deciding on your fitness aspirations for the year, perhaps this is worth bearing in mind.
At the start of 2019, did you plan to lose a lot of weight, or undertake a marathon, only to find out that you’d abandoned your plans within the first few months? It’s extremely common when coming out of a period of indulgence to want to detox and start afresh but, it’s important to be realistic in your goals if you wish to avoid disappointment this year.
Andrea’s Top Tips for 2020 Success
- Look back at your previous year’s goals and identify what worked and what didn’t. Plan strategies that will avoid the same pitfalls.
- Recruit a trainer that will keep you on track. Your health and happiness is an investment, and arguably the most important one you can make.
- Break the year down into monthly goals and reward yourself appropriately for keeping on track.
- Get accurate measurements and a full medical checkover, to identify your true starting point.
- Look into alternative treatments, such as infrared saunas, which can boost your mood as well as your weight loss.
- Do your own research into the diet you want to work with. With so much information out there, it’s important you find what works for you over a long period of time. Avoid anything promising ‘rapid weight loss’ or ‘detox’. Instead, focus on consistency and sustainability.
- Keep a diary with your thoughts, emotions and energy levels, and reflect often on how you’re coping with the changes.
Good luck with your new endeavours, and reach out for help from one of our experienced health practitioners, if you need a boost.
For more ideas about how to make 2020 a roaring success, get in touch with @hvholistic 17775544 or firstname.lastname@example.org