Flavourful, incredibly healthy, and comes together in no time!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 c. water
- 1/2 large head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot (or dutch oven) over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in beans, garlic, and thyme and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth and water, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage and simmer until cabbage is wilted, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in red pepper flakes, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more parsley, if using.