Riya Bhansali shares some insights on self-reflection amidst the pandemic.
This will be the mark of a new era, where everything is wiped off and we all have a clean slate moving ahead. A rebirth where we can choose to rewrite with awareness what we want, find new patterns to innovate.
From hustling to stillness; a standstill. The effects of Covid-19 have made a permanent impact – human patterns of spending and consumption have changed drastically. From a time where every luxury was a need, we are now forced to stick to our needs. No amount of luxury gave any advantage to anyone. It is a perfect time to let go off all redundant things.
I personally enjoyed that people were learning new skills and reliving their hobbies. It also gave us time to connect with our loved ones, making us adapt to the new normal.
I took it as a perfect time to dwell into the past, to pause and to reflect. As a life coach, I did this process of reflection by answering simple questions…Very useful… Try it out!
- What new activities or old hobbies did you enjoy doing?
- What’s one thing you would change about your lifestyle permanently?
- What’s the one redundant activity you were forced to let go of that was previously impossible?
- Identify your closest people. How can you manage to keep in touch on a regular basis?
- What’s the one life lesson you remember moving ahead?
This made me aware of the basics. I felt more centered prioritizing what mattered and will keep these lessons in mind moving ahead.
Riya Bhansali is a life coach and corporate trainer who has trained more than 2000+ people both in the Gulf and India.
Youtube: Riya Bhansali