The Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments has decided to gradually open mosques, by performing only Fajr prayers daily, starting on Friday, August 28, 2020. The following guidelines have been issued:
1. Mosques to be open for Fajr (dawn) prayer only
2. Friday prayers will be limited entry, except for the mosque of the Ahmad Al-Fateh Islamic Center
3. Women and children under 15 are not allowed to enter and seniors are encouraged to pray at home
4. Prayers will be suspended in mosques that do not comply with health and regulatory requirements
5. No gatherings by the Mosque doors during the entry and exit process
6. Mosque will be open 10 minutes before and after prayers to organize and maintain social distance
7. Residents are encouraged to pray at the mosque closest to their homes
8. Ablution places, bathrooms, toilets, refrigerators and water taps will be closed
9. Residents are to bring their own prayer carpets with them
10. Masks are required
11. Temperature checks at the entrance
Also will be taken into account the physical spacing between worshipers from all directions. Worshipers are to bring their own Qur’an.
The decision was made based on the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (SCIA) decision regarding the gradual return to the establishment of collective worship in accordance with the necessary precautions.