Launched in 2012, Tamkeen’s youth business competition “Mashroo3i” gives the participants an opportunity to learn what it takes to turn their ideas into a viable business. Through its journey they will also learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurial success and will gain practical experience.
Who can join Mashroo3i?
Any Bahraini students between the ages of 18 and 35 can participate in the competition. Additionally, they must:
- Have an innovative idea of a successful business
- Participate as a team of 2-3 members
- All team members should be Bahraini nationals
What are the steps to apply?
- Visit Mashroo3i’s website
- Click on Apply Now. You can opt to fill the application in Arabic or in English.
- If this is the first attempt to register you will be required to create an account. If you already have an account, you will be asked to provide your account login details.
- Read and accept the competition rules and guidelines and then press (Apply for Mashroo3i).
- Follow the directions given which will take you through the required steps.
- You will need to upload a CPR copy.
- Fill the Business Idea Model provided
- Submit a 60 second video explaining your business idea
- Upon submitting the application, Tamkeen will assess your application and contact you if you are shortlisted.
Are there any restrictions on business ideas submitted to Mashroo3i?
The selection committee will be looking for original, innovative and realistic business ideas that can be turned into real successful ventures. For this reason, merchandising and franchising ideas will not be accepted. As for ideas related to the production of food, direct selling of pets or hazardous products, those will only be considered as concepts but not as actual products.
What is the selection criteria to join Mashroo3i?
After registering you will go through the below screening system:
- 1st screening: You will be evaluated based on the merits of your online business idea and video submission by the screening panel.
- 2nd screening: The team leader will be invited for an entrepreneurial aptitude personality assessment and an interview if required.
In general, the best entries will be shortlisted on the basis of profitability, feasibility and innovation, as well as the entrepreneurial potential of the team leader.