Is there anything more satisfying than a loaded tray of nachos, still hot from the oven?
INGREDIENTS (FOR THE NACHOS)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- kosher salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can refried beans
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 2 c. Shredded Monterey jack
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 c. pickled jalapeños
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Hot sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a large baking sheet with foil. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes more. Drain fat.
- Add garlic and taco seasoning and season with salt. Cook until meat is well browned and slightly crispy, 5 minutes more. Add refried beans and water to skillet and stir until combined.
- Add half the tortilla chips and top with beef-bean mixture, half the cheese, half the black beans, and half the pickled jalapeños. Repeat one more layer.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
- Scatter with tomato, avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Drizzle with sour cream and hot sauce and serve immediately.