The National Medical Taskforce for Combating the Coronavirus announced on Tuesday that registration for the Sinopharm booster shot is now open via the BeAware app.
The following are the requirements and registration process:
- A period of 6 months (180 days) must have passed since the second dose date.
- The individual receiving the vaccine must be from the following groups:
- Aged 60 years old or above
- Healthcare worker
- People with comorbidities
- Immunocompromised individuals
- Morbidly obese people
- When attending the appointment, the person receiving the vaccine will be asked to provide a proof of being one of the high-risk groups.
- An assessment will be conducted by a physician at the vaccination center to confirm the recipient’s eligibility.