Bahrain’s National Medical Taskforce for Combatting the Coronavirus (COVID-19) announced the updated procedures for arriving travellers and contacts of active COVID-19 cases, effective 20th February, 2022.
Here are the updated procedures effective from Sunday, 20 February 2022 at Bahrain International Airport:
– All passengers arriving in the Kingdom of Bahrain do not need to conduct a PCR test upon arrival.
– Cancellation of the precautionary quarantine for all passengers arriving in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Here are the updated protocol for contacts of active COVID-19 cases, effective from Sunday, 20 February, 2022:
Contacts of active cases and those who do not bear the ‘Green Shield’ on the BeAware app will no longer need to undergo precautionary quarantine. The new protocol also states that the PCR tests will be limited to symptomatic cases only.
- Take a COVID-19 rapid test; in the event that the result appears positive, the person must proceed directly to one of the (drive-thru) testing centers for a (PCR) test.
- Take a PCR test for COVID-19 at a private hospital.
- Call 444 to book an appointment for a (PCR) test in case of symptoms.