Do yourself a favour and try these delicious recipes that are easy to prepare.
Chili sardine spaghetti
- Finely grate rind from 2 lemons (you need 2 tsp). Juice 1 of the lemons (you need 2 tbsp). Cut the third lemon into cheeks or wedges. Combine rind in a small bowl with Parmesan. Place sardines and their oil in a bowl; mash coarsely with a fork.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook sardines, stirring occasionally, for 4 mins or until heated through. Season. Remove pan from heat. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 mins or until almost tender. Drain; reserve 1 cup cooking water. Meanwhile, cut three-quarters of the rocket leaves in half. Add pasta to sardines; return pan to high heat. Add enough reserved cooking water to coat pasta.
- Add halved rocket and the lemon juice; cook, tossing, for 2 mins or until combined and rocket has wilted. Stir in half the Parmesan mixture.
- Divide pasta among bowls; top with remaining rocket and remaining Parmesan mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with lemon wedges.
Semolina-crusted fish with fresh tomato salsa
- To make the salsa, combine the tomato, olives, capers, parsley, juice and oil in a small bowl.
- Combine the semolina and dill in a wide bowl and season with sea salt and ground white pepper.
- Toss the fish in the semolina; transfer to a plate.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the butter.
- When the butter has melted and is beginning to froth, add the fillets in batches.
- Pan-fry for about 2 mins on each side or until just cooked through.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.
- Transfer fish to four warm plates and spoon over the salsa.
- Serve with pan-fried courgette batons and steamed broccoli, if desired.
Braised borlotti beans with tomato and garlic
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place beans in a medium-size baking dish; drizzle with oil and water.
- Add garlic, tomato and oregano; bake, covered, about 1 hour 15 mins, or until beans are tender.
- Stir in basil.
- Serve warm.
Source: The Friday Magazine